Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Fun Bin

So Austin got a new game yesterday and Ethan was bored to tears without his brother to keep him entertained.

So I came up with the idea of "The Fun Bin."
Make fun of me if you must but this in my opinion was a brilliant idea.

Here is my little man right before he dove into his fun bin:


Look at that boy just cheesing! That is a sign that mommy did something right!

Here is a list of ingredients to the fun bin:
  • Plastic Easter tablecloth that I found on sale after Easter for $1.00
  • A shallow plastic container
  • A couple of old bags of dried beans
  • Leftover plastic Easter eggs
  • Easter confetti that I found on sale also for $0.25
  • Shovels and rakes
  • Bowls and spoons
This only cost me $1.25 out of pocket and gave my kid much more entertainment than any high dollar high tech toy I could have bought him. He played for three hours straight until I had to drag him away for lunch and nap time. Stuck the lid on and in the top of my closet it goes and will come back out for many more of those boring days with nothing to do :-)


He was so engrossed I will leave you with this final picture. Notice the tongue :-)


Have a beautiful day!!!


2 comments:

  1. The fun bin is such a great idea! You are so smart to come up with awesome cheap ideas! Congrats on a three hour break hahaha ;-) love you all, Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I did kind of steal it from pinterest :-) They called it a sensory bin and went all out. I just used things I had around the house. Luv you too sis.

    ReplyDelete