Saturday, April 28, 2012

Our First Baseball Season

So anyone who knows me knows I've never really liked sports, never been involved in sports and really don't know anything at all about sports. But I have found myself as the only female in a house full of boys.  So I am coming around and I have to say I have really enjoyed watching my five year old play rag ball this year.



One thing I have noticed is at this age it seems it is really hard to hold their attention.  You may in fact, find your child out on the field practicing on some other necessary skills.  For example:

Here is Austin practicing his dance moves.  He has worked very hard on these this season.



Here we are diligently studying the clouds



Much time is spent perfecting our playing in the dirt skills.




Here we are working hard to identify plant leaves



And last but not least....we should always be efficient at balance.  These things are very important.  Notice where the baseball glove is :-)



This is not to say that we haven't worked hard at baseball this year. We have had many serious moments also.



We've had some really great moments getting home runs, getting outs and we've made alot of good buddies.  It has been a fun learning experience for both my five year old and myself.  Maybe there is hope for me and sports yet.  What I have learned the most is nothing in the world can beat that special moment when he does something good and looks back at me to see if was watching.  I hope he can see on my face how proud of him I am.  Yeah...sports is turning out to be pretty great and I'm looking forward to many more years!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment